Tuesday 23 February 2010

Mother's Day Cards

I've made two Mother's Day Cards over the past few days- one for my mum and the other for Martin's mum. I decided I wanted a similar design, but also quite different. Both are Tri-dold cards, made following this tutorial http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/trishuttercard/

So here they are:

The first one is for Martin's mum. The backing paper is by Disney and is called Cinderella Blue Floral- I got a sheet of this in a bumper 12 x 12 pack in the January sales. Love it, but have never come across it since. I've used a stamped image of a boy falling over under a pile of flowers and backed this onto a nesties label, with pink pearls. The ribbon die cut is brand new- its by marianne designs creatables. I LOVE it- although I have managed to break my cuttlebug c plate embossing it- urgh!! The ribbons, flowers etc are from my stash. The 'I Love Mum Wording' came from a sainsburys craft pack that I bought in the post mothers day sale last year!








The second card is for my mum. Same design in terms of the shape, but totally different embellishment wise. I didnt want to cover as much of this paper up, as it's fab and already quite detailed, with the butterflies, flowers + glitter. The paper is by www.shopsei.com and is called chocolat cherie 8-1903. It came from the same bumper paper pack. The image is from a set of Daisy and Dandelion stamps I got in the craftsulove sale. Ribbon cut out and nesties label = same as before. The felt butterfly is from Madaboutcards 50p section- I also love these and need to buy some more, as I'm out of pink ones :-)



1 comment:

debby4000 said...

Oh Fi these are gorgoeous.
luv
Debby